Severe winter weather has forced the cancellation of about 600 blood drives, and the flu is reducing turnouts at those drives which are taking place, according to the American Red Cross.
More than 17,500 blood and platelet donations have gone uncollected. Upcoming area drives are:
• Feb. 27: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Robert Fulton Community Center, 912 Fourth St., and 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Milledgeville High School, 100 E. Eighth St.
• Feb. 28: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Prophestown High School, 310 Riverside Drive
• March 5: 8;30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at West Carroll High School, 500 Cragmoor Drive
• March 6: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Newman Central Catholic High School, 1101 W. 23rd St., Sterling
• March 9: noon to 6 p.m., United Methodist Church, 200 W. Lincolnway, Morrison
Call 800-733-2767, or download the Red Cross Blood Donor app at redcrossblood.org.bloodapp or go to redcrossblood.org to make an appointment.